Friday 6 February 2015

Week 5: Back to the Streets Where We Began!

CSC 148 Entry 3

     After seeing more of recursion, although sometimes it takes me a quite to trace and understand the code, it's arguably the most useful concept which I have learned this year. After seeing a lot more of it this week, I have a much greater understanding it and how powerful a tool it is. In CSC 165 last semester I learned about time complexity, recursion seems to have a very large big O because of the nature of how recursion works. This was something I was thinking about when recursion was being taught to me. So in my mind I had this mental image of the scene from Spiderman where his grandfather told him that with great power comes great responsibility. However, Instead of it being Spiderman's grandfather it was professor Heap and he as saying with great recursion comes great time complexity. I couldn't help but thing of it having spent so much time on Big O last term with professor Heap. I think I improved a great deal when using recursions from when I first encountered.  them. I think this all comes from how I can trace them a lot easier.

     I dunno how I well I did on the test. I realized after handing in the test that I miss understood the question. I think that it will cost me dearly because the test only has three questions on it. One of my friends in the course expressed concern for the test.

http://sicilliax.blogspot.ca/2015/02/impression-of-first-few-weeks_1.html

However I did not think much about that much about the test because I felt that I had such a great understand of assignment one. I was really confident about the work I did for assignment one that I went into the test with a strange calmness.

No comments:

Post a Comment